The position of your website in the Google organic search is quickly becomming one of the most critical marketting measures. This page/script will allow you to automate this process.
- Sign up for a google Ajax API Key (http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/signup.html)
– You will get a jsapi key from google, something like this
(Note this is not a valid key)
- Download this html page/script and rename to .html (remove .txt extension)
- Open this page in a text editor (note pad is just fine)
- Replace <YOUR JSAPI KEY> (Line 53) with, you guessed it, your jsapi key.
- On line 59 you will see the configuration for this file, you will need to change the following items
– lookfor (Line 66, 78, 87). These tell the script what to look for in the url and youtube title.
– On line 75, replace “Sydney, NSW” with a location that you think some of your clients would be searching from.
- On line 228 the lookup table rows begin. You can add as many rows as you wish here. The rows must be in the format (replace <Search term or phrase>):
<tr><td><Search term or phrase></td></tr>
- You can have headers by adding rows in this format:
<tr class='header'><th>This is a header row</th></tr>
- Open the file in your browser and click ‘Run Report’
Thats it, when the table is working you will get something that looks like this:
Let me know if you have any problems with this.